For over 27 years, Inala Nature Tours, a family owned and operated company, has been designing and leading birding and wildlife tours across Australia. From our 1,500 acre private reserve here at ‘Inala’ on Bruny Island, Tasmania, our tours extends across Australia from the lush rainforests of Queensland to the rugged landscapes of the Kimberley and beyond.
Whether you are planning to spend a few days on our private reserve, or to take a longer tour to remote Australia, you can count on our commitment to making your experience unforgettable.
Our tours are designed and led by Dr. Tonia Cochran and her expert team. Among us we have a diversity of talents, from qualified scientists to travel experts. We are united by our passion for wild Australia. Enjoy our offerings, and do contact us if you would like help to realise the Australian birding and wildlife journey of your dreams.
- At Inala itself we have accommodation within our private reserve
- The Inala conservation reserve is 1,500 acres. We have all twelve endemic bird species living at Inala amongst the rich and diverse habitats.
- The Inala reserve contains bird hides and viewing platforms, it is a reserve for birders run by birders.
- We run tours of Inala, Bruny Island, Tasmania, Australia and Internationally
- If you visit Inala without any accommodation or tours booked, you can still visit the 5 acres of Jurassic Garden and the Nature Museum
- Photographers can hire the Raptor Photography Hide, you do not need to be staying at Inala to use this facility.